However, my mind has recently been taken off my own problems by Mel's revelations. We're all rallying round her because she needs all the help and support we can give her at this very difficult time. But even close friends can only do so much - sometimes, things just have to run their course whilst we stand by with a safety net.
Therefore, as I always turn to cooking when I'm stressed, I thought I'd share one of my quick and easy recipes that's great for a family dinner and can be left to do its own thing - Ham and Leek Cheesy Bake
- allow one to two leeks per person. Clean and cut into 2 inch lengths. Put in an ovenproof dish.
- chop a packet of honey roast ham and add to the leeks.
- Make a cheese sauce - you can't go wrong with Delia - and pour over the leeks. Stir to mix well
- put on a lid and bake at 180/Gas mark 6 for around an hour.
- Great with baked potatoes so put these in at the same time and, when the potatoes are done, the leek bake will be ready too.
- You can prepare the day before or even cook and reheat.
Check back soon for further updates.