Wednesday 15 December 2010

Don't mention the snow

This will be a weather-free post - guaranteed.

I thought you might like to find out how I became the Accidental Guru of the book's title. Believe it or not, it was all as the result of a bet with Aurora. When am I ever going to learn?

We'd been to see a Brogan McKendrick, a world famous motivational speaker up in London - you know the type; all cosmetic dentistry and soundbites. I'd gone along for the shopping and the free meals but Aurora took it all very seriously and bought all his books, DVDs and motivational messages. Reach for the stars, live the dream and all other such platitudes.

Anyway, I accused Aurora of wasting her money when a monkey with a pencil could turn out something equally as profound as Brogan McKendrick's drivel and she dared me to do something better if I could. Stupidly, I rose to the bait. Before I knew it, she'd booked a venue and announced on her radio show the date for my first motivational talk.

What the talk was about and how it went is another story - one which can be found in The Accidental Guru which is coming soon. Why not follow the blog for further gossip and updates?

Speak again soon,

Judi xx

No comments: